Sunday 19 June 2011

Cupcakes - What's Your Pleasure?

I love cupcakes!  I tried out this recipe for lemon yoghurt cupcakes, which is perfect for this time of year when fresh lemons are just coming into season (see the recipe).

Instead of the butter in the recipe, I substituted the same amount of canola oil to make the cupcakes a little bit healthier.  I forgot to separate the eggs, so the cupcakes were a little heavier than they were supposed to be, but still good. The natural yoghurt gave the little beauties a lovely tang.  Because the cupcakes weren't too sweet, a bit of simple lemon icing (literally lemon juice and icing sugar) really set them off.

Nigella Lawson is the undisputed queen of cupcakes in my mind.  I love watching her bring out her food processer to whip up a quick batch.  She makes it look so easy!  Visit Nigella's website  to check it out for yourself.

New York, of course, is the home of cupcakes. Check out how a clever chick made a motza baking 'bad ass' adult cupcakes in the Big Apple (read the article).

What's your favourite cupcake recipe?

Where do you think is the best place to buy cupcakes in Canberra?

No comments:

Post a Comment