Friday 9 September 2011

Review: The Great Breakfast Debacle

We have a lovely little ritual on Saturday mornings.   You will usually find Mr D. and me enjoying brunch at Debacle in Braddon.  This place is our ‘local’ and we love it - we just have to stumble out of bed and wander down the road to get our fix of good coffee and yummy food. 
Debacle is wonderfully laid back and relaxed, and a great place to meet up with friends, although mostly it’s just Mr D. and me doing our own thing.  We’re usually able to walk straight in and find a cosy table just for the two of us, even on a busy Saturday morning.  The service is always friendly and efficient, which is what we want for a hassle- free start to the weekend.
Our favourite dish is the crepes with lemon curd and fresh lemon wedges to squeeze all over them.  The crepes are always light and fresh, although I tend to scrape most of the huge dollop of rich, buttery curd to one side.

French crepes with lemon butter and icing sugar- $11.90

The pancakes with pear, berry compote and ricotta are a close second for me.  They are so dense and satisfying, loaded with all that creamy ricotta, I can only ever get through half.  I’m also a big fan of the freshly squeezed juices on offer – the apple and ginger juice is a particularly spicy and delicious pick-me-up!
Pancakes with grated pear, wide berry compote and ricotta - $13.90
Mr D. and I like to take our time on such lazy weekend mornings.  Seated across from each other, Mr D. will engross himself in his favourite newspaper on his i-pad, while I become absorbed by the latest postings from my favourite food blogs on my i-phone.  Neither of us will say a word, simply just enjoying each other’s company.  Bliss!
Debacle definitely doesn’t live up to its name for a great weekend breakfast experience. J
Debacle
30 Lonsdale St
Braddon  ACT
Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner

So tell me, do you have a favourite food ritual?

Debacle on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I thought at first it was going to be a story about a terrible breakfast issue! I'm relieved that you it was only good food :) Oh and I luuurve lemon crepes. I know there are all sorts of other toppings but I always seem to go for simple lemon and sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete